Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weekend Reading - Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

One of my favorite children's books is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. My daughter even has a Chicka Boom Boom Tree painted on the wall of her room. My kiddos can recite the book by heart and are often heard singing the song. Speaking of the song... I love the Chicka Boom Boom Song found on this CD. When I read the book, I sing it as it is in this song! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Other Coconutty Songs


Some Fave Ideas to Use With This Book

My Preschool Teacher Friend Amy made these cute Chicka Boom Boom Puzzles with Popsicle sticks & a picture of the book cover she printed off the Internet. This is how she made them:
I used Elmer’s glue for the book puzzles. I painted a thin layer on the printout and then I lined up my craft sticks. I laid the picture on the craft sticks and smoothed it out. I let that dry and then I took a craft knife and cut vertically where the craft sticks are joined together. It was easiest to flip the puzzle over and cut on the side without the picture.

You will want to print a coloring page after you read the book.
I printed these patterns, laminated them and placed a magnet on the back of them. My daughter can act out the story on her magnetic white board. Actually my daughter gets all the letters on the tree and calls her brother in to do the BOOM BOOM part... which he is very good at.

Try this counting coconuts booklet!
Still want more, hop over to Teaching Heart for even more ideas!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home