Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here Comes the Turkey...

He will be here soon, some things to get you excited:

My favorite Turkey Poem:

I have a turkey, big and fat
He spreads his wings, (Fan hands at hips)
And walks like that (Strut)
His daily corn he would not miss (Pretend to eat corn)
And when he walks, he sounds like this, ('Gobble, Gobble, Gobble')

My favorite Turkey Song (You can download off of Itunes. I suggest the Dr. Jean version)
It is on her happy Everything CD


ALBUQUERQUE THE TURKEY
Sing to tune of "O' My Darlin' Clementine"
Albuquerque, he's my turkey,
and he's feathered and he's fine
and he wobbles and he gobbles
and I'm awfully glad he's mine.
He's the best pet you could ever get
better than a dog or cat
Albuquerque, he's my turkey
and I'm awfully glad of that.
Albuquerque, he's my turkey
he's so cozy in his bed
because for our Thanksgiving dinner
we had scrambled eggs instead.

Some of my favorite Turkey Reads:



FUN LINKS:

Family Fun has a resource filled with Thanksgiving Printables

Tip Junkie has place card ideas.

mmmm... these acron cookies look yummy!
Ramblings of a Crazy Women has awesome Thanksgiving Kiddo Craft Ideas!
Many Thanksgiving Ideas on Teaching Heart's Turkey Time Page!

Keep Them Busy Activity From Teaching Heart: My son had fun with this pumpkin Pie Rhyme Center. You match the whip topping to the piece of pie. He loved doing this on his own and then I could check his work when he was done. This is a printable from the Teaching Heart Thanksgiving Packet. You can see more by clicking here!
Hope you have found a few ideas to start your Thanksgiving fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home