Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can't Go to the Beach... EAT the Beach!

My little man had his first full day of school, a practice day for next year. When asked, do you like Kindergarten days or First Grade Days better, he said, "First grade days!" So that is good. It was nice not to rush away from my two free hours to go pick him up at 11:30.



Anyhow, today was beach day at school. I got called to make the snack. Of course I was excited... I came with these little beach cups of pure yummy-ness! for the lable on the cup, I cropped a picture of his teacher and put a graphic of sunglasses and a beach hat over her picture along with the title, "Piatt's Edible Beach - Swim at your own risk!"


Inside the cups were little beaches. Basically pudding and crushed vanilla oreos (sand) layered in a clear plastic cup. The top layer, I added some blue icing for the water and a fish shaped fruit snack to swim in the sea of icing... Also, the plastic palm tree is from Oriental Trading.


If you would like the recipe, read my post here from last summer. This is the recipe I used.


My son said that the kids laughed at the picture of his teacher & everyone wanted more! So I guess they were a hit.


These would be fun for a picnic this summer!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Preschool Playbook said...

It's so ironic your little guy had his full day today. Mine has his tomorrow and I was so looking forward to it--thought he was too. He had a total meltdown at school today. Nothing like this ever happened. His teacher said he broke down in tears, then pinched his neighbor and took his pencil. I'm in frantic mode. I think it's because he wil be at school all day. I asked him what was going on and he said he wanted to stay with me all day and he wanted to watch Maggie and the Ferocious Beast.

He's young, birthdate 8/20, so I don't know if I should have him repeat, or if he had a bad day. I will tell you I have noticed tear levels rising about the last two weeks. Is the work getting harder and he's getting more frustrated? Is it just that time of year and he's ready to be done?

His preschool teachers said he was ready to go on etc. His teacher now says he seems ready, but she is very focused on his young age. Everytime I have a question, she says well, he is young. I'm so confused!

Anyway, thanks for letting me spew! I'm glad your little guy had a great day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

May 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger jewelrybyrebecca said...

This is great! We are having pizza night with some friends tonight. I'm making this for the kiddos for sure!!!
Hummm, what can I use for that palm tree????

May 22, 2009 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

YUM! We make a similar recipe with regular oreos and it's called Dirt Cake.

May 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger LitLass said...

Cool! I'll have to try it with my boys and keep it in mind for preschool next year.

May 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Nicki said...

Those look so delicious!

May 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger jennwa said...

I love summer and I love dessert, what a perfect combination. They are very cute.

Thanks for sharing with Friday Showcase!!!

May 24, 2009 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica Ryan said...

I just LOVE this idea!!!

May 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

that is So GREAT! How creative! We'll be doing this!

May 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home