Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Sweater, O Christmas Sweater!!!

You either wear them or you don't. I am proud to admit, I wear them.... Started wearing them when I taught and collected quite a few over the years. They scream TEACHER... I bet that 70% of the people who wear these work with children in some capacity, none are under 30, and most are over 40.

Anyhow, I have a problem... I have about 12 of these sweaters and for some reason each year they call to me: "Hey look at me I light up, Hey you don't have one like me!" The shiny little bells chime my name, they look so awesome under the Target store lighting, and it's my excuse to get bedazzled. I have to say to myself, STOP. YOU HAVE MANY OF THESE. WALK AWAY!!! YOU REALLY DON'T LOOK GOOD IN THOSE, NO ONE DOES!!!

Come on, confess, you secretly like them too. You have one. What is it like?


Be sure to check out:








Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger jewelrybyrebecca said...

OMG, that post totally cracked me up! You're too funny. NO, I do not have a Christmas sweater. Nope, not even when I was working with kids.

I liked the one with the flamingos in Santa hats though, that one looks like me... right? Naaa.

December 7, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes indeed! I have those crazy, wonderful sweaters too! I wear mine every Christmas, even though I'm not teaching...at the moment!;)

My "own" children are starting to
laugh at me now and give me that look..."Mom! Why? Why Mom? Why?" I seem to be more of an embarrassment to them during the holidays these days...and that goes for ALL the holidays!

I can't wait to show them the link you posted...haha...I bet they'll be glad that I don't have any of those sweaters!Giggle, Giggle! ;)

December 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Anonymous amyt said...

I don't disagree on much with you but this I have to stand my ground! I don't do Christmas sweaters! They look much better on you! I don't own a single one. Sorry!

December 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Beth said...

You crack me up Colleen!

December 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

I was advised by a good friend to banish all Christmas sweaters and any type of holiday apparel. Apparently it is not in style to wear such items. However, I did buy the Santa t-shirt that says "I Believe" from Target and it has been worn already.

December 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home