Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Convience Without High Fructose Corn Syrup!!!

My son loves his PB&J sandwiches.  I would often buy the kind Smucker's makes.  They are yummy.  He loves them and they even have ones made with whole wheat.  They look like this:
One problem, flip over the box and you will notice HFCS is right there as one of the top ingredients...  So I made my own P&J sandwiches.  Very healthy ones and I can freeze them and then pop them in his lunch in the am!!! 

What's in them: 

Nature's Pride is one of the only breads on the shelf that I could find that did not have HFCS in it and had only natural ingredients.

Polamer All Fruit Jelly

Naturally More PB&J (He gets some flax seed and doesn't even know it)


Cut with a sandwich cutter and you have a ready to bag sandwich.  Place in a ziploc baggie and freeze.  Take out of freezer in the am and place in lunch box.  EASY an no HFCS or other "not so good for you" ingredients!




 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That is a great tip. My son doesn't like bread. He does not eat it, even without the crust. But I will keep this in mind for my daughter. So far she will eat anything.

February 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Bobbi & Noe said...

Thanks for the bread tip. I had no idea! I'm so confused when it comes to breads and carbs. Everyone recommends the Ezekiel bread...but my family doesn't eat it. This looks like something they would eat.

February 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home