Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't Eat the GLUE But Go Ahead and Eat the Crayons...


I'm a freak...  I see something and I have to make it.  I saw these edible crayons and thought, I am trying these...  They are way too cute not to.  I used them as cute favors for the back to school scavenger hunt and relay I put on for some of my friends and their kiddos.  They were so easy to make, I'm making them again for my son's open house at his school.  They were yummy too!
You need:  The twistable honey wheat pretzels. 
Various colors of the Wilton candy melts.
This printable & colored printer paper.
I bagged mine with this free printable from executive homemaker! 

All you do is melt the chips, roll the pretzel around in the chips, let them harden, and then wrap them with your printable.  Super easy.  My kids even got in on the dipping action and had a blast with it.  Here is little monkey dipping the yellows.  She would dip them using a regular spoon and then lay them on wax paper to dry.
Ta-da!  All done and I am in love with these.  CUTE!!! 
These would even be fun to put on students desk on the first day of school.  Or they would be a fun snack to have out during conference time.  So many ideas of ways to use these.   

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pastiche said...

These edible "crayons" are cute and creative. I've just added a link to this story from my Squidoo page about Candy Crafts for Kids. I think they'd be great as a party favor or special back to school treat - maybe the teacher would prefer these to an apple?

August 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
Anonymous cheryl golangco said...

I love this! These are so cute! I will definitely try this out with my students one day! But for now... I need to look for alternative to the ingredients! :) Thanks so much for sharing...

August 26, 2010 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

I love your crayons! Will have to make those for my preschoolers back to school treat! Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comments!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

August 27, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home