Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I"m Not Lucky... Just Blessed!


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Oprah Winfrey
Gotta love Oprah...  Did you see her last two favorite things shows?  Friday's show was my favorite because my Aunt Sandy was on the show!  I lived vicariously through her.  Here is her local news cast telling about the show;


I am very Thankful that my Aunt had this opportunity.  She is a good person who does good things for others and it is always fun to see the good girl win!! 

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to you all.  I am so Thankful that my kids pulled out the GeoTrax today and played so well that I got the house all cleaned.  I also made awesome Bourbon Stuffing (that I have eaten way too much of already and it isn't even Thanksgiving), homemade cranberry sauce via Food Network, Sweet Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole.  I'll finish it all up in the AM and family and friends will arrive here at 1:00 for some appetizers via Tastefully Simple!!!  O, and did I mention I also ran two miles and did a killer 30 minute Kettleball class with my girlfriend, Leslie.  Best part was that the instructor talked about his Thanksgiving Feast while beating us with exercise.  I learned that a fried turkey has the same nutritional value as a baked one if you throw away the skin. 

I am very Thankful for my life, I am truly blessed with a great family and awesome friends.  I hope you find the little blessings in your life daily and remember to thank God for even the smallest of happy treats in your life.  Happy Turkey day you all...  I leave you with this... 

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
~Author Unknown



Gobble, Gobble!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amyt said...

I count you and your blog as one of my blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2010 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger jewelrybyrebecca said...

Very thankful to call you friend. Have a wonderful holiday!!!

November 25, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home