Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

November Reminds Us to Give Thanks


We should be thankful all year long... right? It seems like the month of November is there to remind us to be Thankful... So here I am being thankful to God for the most important things in my life...



1.) My Children - their health, smiles, and laughter... the way little things get them so excited. That quiet moment when they don't know I am watching them and thanking God for them, the greatest gift he has ever given me.


2.) My Husband - my best friend (for about 16 years now) even though he drives me nuts... sometimes! I love the man with all my soul (if only he read my blog he would know that - hee-hee!!!) He has to be the best Dad in the world. Watching him with my kids makes me love him more and when he swiffers I love him even more!!! He is a silly guy with a huge heart! Thank you God for him!


3.) My Good Friends - God just seems to always give me the friends I need at the right time. I am also blessed to have a variety of friends... My high school friends, my college friends, and my mom friends! Many of which I have been friends with for over 20 years. Friendship is very important to me and I am just so blessed with the word's greatest friends.


4.) My Mom and Dad - Two people that have always been there for me and loved me even when they heard some of the things I did in high school. They are the best mom and dad. Their love for each other is a great example of a perfect marriage.


Thankful By A. R. Gronos

I'm thankful for all good with which

I've been blessed throughout life.

For hardships, and for heartaches, too,

For failures, trials and strife.

I'm thankful for each little prayer

Someone has said for me;


For loving thoughts, for friendliness,

For all good will I see.

My thanks for hands, with which I could

Scribe someone on life's way;

For all small deeds of kindness

I'm allowed to do each day.

I'm thankful for all happiness,

Each long hour of deep sorrow;

God thus in his great mercy gives

More wisdom for tomorrow.


Inspirational Words of Wisdom for Reflection:


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Oprah Winfrey



"Every time we remember to say 'thank you', we experience nothing less than heaven on earth." Sarah Ban Breathnach


What are you thankful for...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home