Teaching Heart Mom

Just a Mom With a Teaching Heart. Find fun activities to do with your kiddos and students (infant to age 10). www.teachingheart.net blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last Day of School!!

No more pencils, no more book... School is out for summer!

My friend Rebecca just had a sale of her Jewelery at her home and I picked up a bracelet for my son's teacher... among some other goodies. Here are the other goodies... Like her stuff? Go here then!
Too good of deals to pass up. Thanks R! Wish I could have stayed for the wine!!!

For the teacher gift, I wrote a poem and ta-da, I have an easy end of the year gift.

You can download the printable here. My poem goes like this:

You made Kindergarten a super start because,
Your teaching was better than fine,
A positive experience from start to finish!
I thought I would give you something with shine!

If I remember my year,
Stories, colors, numbers, letters and fun is what I see,
Full of friends and learning all around!
I hope this colorful treat will remind you of me!

Some Jewelry to thank you
For helping me to know
The things I needed to learn
To live my life and grow.

I made my son a T-Shirt for the last day of school. The front says, "kindergarten was GREAT!" and has the school mascot on it. I wanted it to say "First Grade, Here I Come!" but he didn't like that for some reason.

The back has pictures of all his classmates and his teacher (I scanned from the class picture). It says, Thank you Mrs. P and Kindergarten Friends for Making This a Great Year. I LOVE iron-on paper!

Happy Summer!!!

O, and if you have time, I could use your vote here!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jewelrybyrebecca said...

Thanks for coming to my sale (and for blogging about me).
Cool poem and I love that T-shirt idea too.

June 11, 2009 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger Mama King said...

What a great gift. I bet your son's teacher loved it and will cherish the poem as much as she does the bracelet!

June 12, 2009 at 6:43 AM  
Anonymous CBSET said...

The gift is simply superb. The teacher of your son will be very happy accepting the gift. And the poem you wrote is amazing. Good job.

June 16, 2009 at 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home